Sunday, October 05, 2014

Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting

Prep Time: 20 minutes
BakeTime: 24 minutes
Cool Time: 45 min

Grade: C

Make Again: No

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (January 2003)

Prep: 20 minutes

Grade: C

I don't know what happened, and why these didn't taste great. I really think I followed the recipe ok, but they tasted off to me. I don't love cake, so I'm not the best judge, but the group didn't care for them either. The 5 year old who these were for seemed to like it well enough, but I think I can do better. I'll try a different recipe next time.

The frosting was good, and they turned out so pretty.

I had leftover frosting and turned it into some hot fudge by adding a large squirt of corn syrup and bringing to a boil. That turned out great.

No comments: