Saturday, October 19, 2013

O's with Meatballs

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Comfort Food Makovers
(Recipe found here)

Note: The prep time is broken up into two parts, 20 minutes at beginning and then another 5 to puree the vegetables and add pasta and meatballs. Overall, this is a pretty simple recipe, the most complicated part being using the blender.

The meatballs only use 6 oz of ground chicken. That was annoying to me, because when am I going to use the other 10oz. So I sort of doubled it and froze half the meatballs for another time. The meatballs are just the ground chicken, low-fat pesto (don't know where you get that at the store, but I had some in my freezer that I made myself and was relatively lower fat) and panko.

After you saute vegetables in chicken broth (tomatoes, carrots, onion, celery) you blend to puree then cook the meatballs and pasta for another 15 minutes.

It was good. Nothing exciting, but a nice simple meal. I don't know that it reminded me of spagetti o's, but it has been a LONG time.





No comments: