Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Cauliflower and Cream

Total Time: 33 minutes

Grade: A

Make Again: Maybe

Recipe Source: Cook's Illustrated (January 2004)


This was pretty good, but has a lot of fat for a quick weekday dinner. I made a significant change to the recipe which calls for 2 cups heavy cream and replace 1.5 cups of it with chicken stock. It worked well. I'm sure it would be even better with all the cream, but I just have no desire to eat something that heavy, because I will only need a tiny serving to fill me up.

The sauce also include sun-dried tomatoes, thyme (I used dried), dry wine (I used vermouth) and a splash of balsamic vinegar. It was a good sauce with a touch a creaminess from 1/2 c. cream. 

I did my usual mistake of prepping during cooking, instead of prepping before, which made some of the work a little stressful, trying to get things ready in time. I really should prep more before I start.

No comments: