Monday, January 07, 2013

Cook's Illustrated Favorites - January

I started this blog to help me keep track of recipes and to organize my cooking. It has helped with that, but it could be better. Last year I did some "Favorites" posts for Everyday Food magazine which reminded me about some really good recipes. I want to keep that up and include Cook's Illustrated now because I truly forget to re-use some really great recipes.

I am hoping to ultimately have Favorites lists for every month so I can always find a tried and true favorite any time of the year. 

My Cook's Illustrated January/February Favorites 
(Note: the links are to my blog posts, not the recipes. The posts have links to the recipes (but sometimes behind a ATK paywall)
I also really liked but haven't blogged on 
  • Twice-Baked Potatoes - January 1999
  • Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Cauliflower and Thyme-Infused Cream - January 2004 
  • Hearty Lentil Soup - January 2004 
  • Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake - January 2004 
I was thinking about adding all the January magazine recipes from Cook's Illustrated that I still want to try, but that list is about 30 recipes long, so I will not add them here until they are tried and become favorites. I wish I could try them all this winter, but it probably won't happen. That list includes: 
  • French Toast
  • Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
  • Apple Turnovers
  • All Beef Meatloaf 
  • Gingerbread
  • Crossaints (someday!!) 
  • and lots more 

No comments: