Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Braised Spanish Lentils and Sausage



Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes

Grade: B+

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: Cover & Bake (There is no on-line version of the recipe) 

It has been a while since I've posted. Life has been busy, but also, all the new recipes I tried were not worth blogging about. There was also one disaster with a coffee cake recipe I tried from America's Test Kitchen TV show. It was totally my fault, so I want to try it again, to see if I can do better. 

I made this a long time ago (pre-blog) and really liked this. It didn't turn out quite as tasty this time, probably because of my substitutions with what I had on hand.) But it was still decent. This took me longer to make that it probably should have. I used regular lentils not the small green ones, so that made it longer. But it was fairly easy prep with some of the 25 minutes hands-off.

I also used Turkey smoked sausage instead of lentils, to make the dish a little lighter. I used regular paprika instead of smoked, but I bet smoked is better.

Overall, a decent simple recipe.

No comments: