Monday, January 02, 2012

January/February Everyday Food Favorites

I've only reviewed the first five of these recipes in this blog. Many of the favorites come from the very first issue of Everyday Food which I somehow received free in the mail. It was enough to make me want to subscribe for 4 years.

I cancelled after that because there was quite a bit of repetition, and not as many of the fun unique recipes they had early on. I recently resubscribed to the iPad version, however. It is full of videos and nice interactions, so I am enjoying my subscription again. If you have an iPad, I recommend checking it out.  The first issue from last January is free.


  • Apple Pie Cake - I really need to review this recipe. It is unique and good.
  • Pork and Apple Stew
  • Sweet Potato Wedges - This recipe introduced a new favorite food to me. I had never liked those mushy overly-sweet holiday recipes for sweet potatoes, but made this way, I found out I loved them. I make this often all fall and winter long and have for the past 8 years.
  • Valentines Day Cookies
  • Pot Roast Hash - I only made this once, because I rarely make pot roast, but remembering this recipe makes me want to try it again.
  • Lentil and Brown Rice Pilaf - This takes a while to carmelize the onions, but it makes very plain ingredients yummy.

I haven't tried these yet, but they look interesting so I hope to try them this month:


2 comments:

Anne said...

I enjoy your blog, and also recently subscribed to Everyday Food on the iPad. I look forward to your reviews and suggestions.

Lisa said...

Thanks Anne. Everyday Food has helped me get out of a recent cooking rut. The simpler recipes were easy to try out and now I am getting more excited to get back to the occasional more complicated recipe.