Friday, July 22, 2011

Strawberry Cake

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes

Grade: B+

Make Again: Maybe
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart

I was alerted to this recipe from the Smitten Kitchen blog. I don't read a lot of food blogs, but I do enjoy that one. She suggested using some barley flour, which I actually had in the freezer so I did that (1/2 c only) and it was fine.

This was good, and super easy to make. It is almost like a coffee cake. It uses a lot of strawberries which is nice. I thought it was a tiny bit dry the first day (perhaps I baked too long). But the second day it was better.

It isn't a beautiful cake. I didn't even take any pictures of it when it was done. It is a nice simple tasty cake. Even though it isn't the best ever, I might make it again because it uses up a nice amount of strawberries and it was good. 

No comments: