Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lighter Spaghetti and Meatballs

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cool Time: 1 hour 
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: Yes

Recipe Source: America's Test Kitchen Light & Healthy 2010

These meatballs were some of the best Turkey meatballs I've ever made.  What I didn't love was the sauce.  It wasn't the recipe's fault.  I have come to realize (finally!) that I don't really like chunky sauces, and I should just stick with a more smooth and thick sauce.   From now on I'm going to sub my own favorite tomato sauce when I try out these recipes.

Anyway, the recipe is not terribly different from CI's regular meatball recipe, but uses 93% turkey.  I will definitely make these again with my own sauce, and probably make a double batch to freeze some for later.

No comments: