Friday, September 10, 2010

7 Up Pound Cake

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 70-90 minutes (half recipe took 60 minutes)
Cool Time: 2 hours
Glaze Time: 10 minutes

Grade: A-

Make Again: No

Recipe Source: Cook's Country (June 2009)

This was very good.  A nice pound cake with a little citrus flavor.  I used Ginger Ale which they said was fine to sub for the 7Up.   I also only made a half recipe and used my 6 cup bundt pan instead of a tube pan.

The main reason I wouldn't make this again is just because it uses the soda, and it isn't something I often have on hand.   (Diet Coke, probably wouldn't work here.)  Also, I have two other very good recipes I like if I wanted a lemon pound cake.  The Cook's Illustrated recipe, which I have never blogged on, and the one from Baking with Julia.

No comments: